The Dialed Health Vert Challenge is a PR of vertical ascent in one ride! Whether that is 5K, 10K, or 29K(Everest), the goal is to expand our belief in what we’re capable of. Be a part of the event from anywhere in the world(and on any bike) by signing up for the Virtual Event or coming to the In-Person event if you're a local mountain biker.
VIRTUAL VERT CHALLENGE: REGISTER HERE Bike Reg
- Complete your PR VERT RIDE Between September 24-30th
- Any bike(Road, Gravel, XC, Enduro)
- Any route(tarmac, dirt, repeats, loop, etc.)
- Complete ride within 1 Day(24 Hours)
- *PR your distance if Vert is not available
IN-PERSON VERT CHALLENGE EVENT: REGISTER HERE Bike Reg
- September 26th,
- The Sanchez Ranch(home of TDS Enduro) - Grass Valley, CA
- 7 am-7 pm (Sunrise to Sunset) Use as much time as needed within the 12 hours. Must start by 10 am. Finishing time will be dependent on your personal challenge.
- 1 Meal Provided
- Challenge Completion Photo + 1 Riding Photo
- Rider Support from Specialized & Mike's Bikes
COACH DEREK'S CHALLENGE:
- On September 25th
- Climbing 29,032 Vertical Feet(Mount Everest).
- 100% Dirt on a Stumpjumper
- Custom Built Loop at the TDS Ranch(Grass Valley, CA)
- Rider Support from Specialized and Mike's Bikes
DHVERTCHALLENGE Training Tips:
- Minimum 2 Total Body Strength Sessions Per Week-Recommended to use dialedhealth.com workouts to make sure the programming meets your needs as a cyclist.
- Daily Mobility-It can be even one specific stretch, deep tissue release, or activation drill. Staying on top of your aches and pains will help ensure a "flare-up" doesn't prevent you from accomplishing the goal.
- Adding Ride Volume-Try small increases to each session and/or 1 large ride every 2-3 Weeks to start working toward your PR. Here is Coach Derek's personal strategy with a big goal and limited schedule: "My PR previous to the Everlasting attempt on an MTB is 11K and I'll be mixing road/MTB efforts leading up to it when the schedule allows. Specifically, my goal is to do a 15K MTB ride and finally a 20K MTB ride 1 month prior. This should give me a better idea about pacing, fueling, and where my mind goes as I get toward 20K..."
This challenge is individual so that you can START MOVING FORWARD in a safe and realistic way. With that being said, it should scare you at least a little bit...
We will be donating $10 of each registration directly to Coach Katie's Go Fund Me.
Katie was involved in a horrible crash while competing at the TDS Enduro race in Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, June 5th around 12:15 pm. The crash resulted in a head injury, broken collarbone, six broken ribs on her left, two on her right, a collapsed lung, and she is currently in a coma.
Coach Katie is one of our own and we want to support her, her partner, and her family during this difficult time in any way that we can.
*You can also donate if you're not participating(or additional funds).
SIGN UP HERE: Bike Reg